Friday, April 9, 2010

easter










So I may be a little late with my easter post, but better late than never, right? It's been a busy week... again. Or is it still? Either way, the time passes so quickly. The Friday before Easter, Megan and Clara came out to visit Margaret and Abbie and I went over, too. Clara colored Easter eggs and left them for us to enjoy. She made special ones with stickers for each of us, which was so cool! We had fun and Margaret made chili and cornbread for lunch. Mmmmm.... cornbread. Yummy.

























That Sunday I went to Eden but Derrick had to work so he didn't get to go with. We had such a nice ham dinner with all kinds of goodies to go with it and of course there were Easter baskets for Eli and Abbie, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Fox and Auntie Amy. Abbie now has her first  plush bunny! And there were even goodies tucked away in the baskets for Derrick and I. Woohoo! Jelly Beans!!!! I guess I had forgotten how fun holidays can be, but I still struggle with how we should handle them when Abbie gets older. I don't believe in lying to a child, regardless if it's what everyone else does. How can you tell them Jesus is real and then tell then Santa is real, only to inform them when they get older that Santa isn't real after all, but you still expect them to believe that Jesus is real? And besides, aren't holidays way too commercial anymore? Do we really need to buy all the decorations and cards and candy that go along with every holiday? But holidays can be fun, and when other kids are doing those things, will Abbie feel like she's missing out if she isn't doing the same things at home that other kids excitedly tell her about? So I'm just not sure yet....



We were asked about baptizing Abbie, but that goes against what I believe and although someone did point out that it won't hurt her... I still can't go through with it on that basis because then I'm giving in and not standing up for what I believe. It's not that I'm trying to say that everyone else is wrong or anything, it's just that I have a right to believe what I will and my reasoning behind not baptizing her isn't rebellious or mean-spirited. It's just simply what I believe. So, if Abbie wants to be baptized once she is old enough to understand, then I'm all for that!

Motivation. Organization. Time Management. Yeah, one and two I'e got.... it's the time management thing I still struggle with when trying to study (medical transcription) and do laundry, dishes, sweeping, mopping, playing with Abbie, going for walks, etc. How do I get it all done and not feel guilty about neglecting something or someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment